суббота, 30 марта 2013 г.

Taking a trip


Once in a while I’m going for a trip. By myself. Alone. No kids, no husband. You know, what? It’s not easy. As a mother of four and a wife of one, who counts like two, you used to be in a collective. The husband is taking decisions (mostly) and you are taking care of kids (mostly). You are always surrounded by your lovely ones. You are never alone. 

But now you are on move. Suddenly. 
Nobody is crying. Nobody is arguing. Nobody tells you what to do and what to leave. Sure, you notice other kids crying and other moms trying to get quiet their kids. You see other pairs loud communicating. But it’s not your business. No more. You are on your own. Freedom! Unexpected and new won freedom. What to do? Where to look? Where to go?

I’m happy, my husband understands the importance to give me a free space and free time. I remember, first it happened as our third one, Jonathan, was born. As he was four months old, Igor booked a trip to Creta for me as a birthday gift. He organized a flight, great hotel, babysitter for kids, everything. You say, perfect? It should make me feel happy? Noway! I was shocked. I was crying and wailing, trying to cancel everything. All the time I was imaging awful scenes. All the families and all the pairs are sitting and chatting and laughing. And here I’m coming in. Alone. And everybody is looking and starring at me...

But nothing helped. So I took my flight, I arrived, checked in at the hotel, went alone to the restaurant. Soon I met a woman, who was also by herself, and we did some walks along the seaside. I took a trip to the nearest island. And on my way back to the airport I had this taxi driver, who was looking like the excursion guide just talked us about: black hair, blue eyes and a rare brown color of skin. We were flirting. And it was not bad at all. I survived. I enjoyed the trip. I learned about myself. Went over the fears. Went over the borders. It was a very important, crucial experience for me.

So, my dears, you got it! I’m on a plane right now. Taking my trip to Europe. Alone. Three countries in six days. In the past back in Europe we were laughing about Americans who jump over the European cities like grasshoppers. But here I’m! You never know. 

I’m reading one of the best, inspiring books I’ve ever read. “It’s not how good you are, it’s how good you want to be” by Paul Arden. 

Never stop investing in yourself.
Try to do things that you are incapable of.
The more you give away, the more back comes to you. (Don’t covet your ideas)
Don’t look for the next opportunity. The one you have in a hand is the opportunity. 

Translate to myself:
First time I took my laptop with me.
First time I’m writing on a plane. 
First time I ordered and drunk red wine. 
First time I have a seat free near to me. By chance. So I can put my legs out. On the top of this I have two cushions and two blankets. 
They are showing Silver lining Playbook with Bradley Cooper right now. Wow! Once again Bradley. So guys, I have to end up. Let’s watch the movie!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий