вторник, 19 марта 2013 г.

"The artist is present"


Are you curious, how the story of getting apart from Marina Abramovic and Ulay http://tygs.blogspot.com turned out? Did it turn out after all?

So, 1988 they made this journey along the Great Wall of China and said good-bye to each other.

In 2010 there was a retrospective show of Marina Abramovic at MoMa called  "The artist is present", it was the biggest exhibition of performance art in MoMa's history. Marina has been sitting for three months, seven and half hours a day for immobile, not eating, not drinking, not going to the bathroom, in the museum's atrium while spectators were invited to take turns sitting opposite her. 750.000 people came to see her. The concept is simple as immense exhausting! The most surprising moment was for Marina, when Ulay appeared and took a seat in front of her. My God, it makes me cry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OS0Tg0IjCp4

Two people who had so deep feelings to each other.
Can they ever pass away? I believe, they still have them.
"Because we never stop loving silently those we once loved loud."

Later in one interview she said, that failing of her relationship to Ulay was her biggest disappointment in her life. They both wanted to achieve a high, complete, long-life relationship, but "we were not able, to overcome the stupidest things in the world like jealousy or competition pressure." For Abramovic the relationship to Ulay was probably the most central in her life and her work but also was the biggest failure.

Recently Marina confronted the theme death. She asked producer Robert Wilson to stage her funeral. Her idea of her own funeral is three funerals simultaneously in three cities Belgrad, New York and Amsterdam. So nobody will know where exactly she was buried. After that she wants to have a festival with chant, bunt dressers and dirty humor. Marina says: "The own death has to be the last action of one's performer. I can direct my own funeral, direct it as I have it in my mind. I can do it to my last performance."

The woman drives me crazy! I can't take it and can't reject it. I find it repugnant and attracting in the same time. That makes a big artist. So is Marina.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий