понедельник, 7 января 2013 г.

Born to eat?

Today I was looking over the pictures I did last time and found out, pretty much of them were made during the eating process: eating at home with the guests, eating at restaurants, Starbucks etc. I guess, it became my natural reflex: we are sitting at the table and I'm pooling out my phone to make a picture...

Anyway, here I want to share with you some of these kind of moments.

Last Saturday I drove Jonathan to his first lesson at Lee Strasberg Institute (You remember? He liked it by the way, especially learning fake fighting, dancing and making new friends:)). Union Square in NYC is full of life and one of the most exciting places in the city http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Square_(New_York_City).  So, after dropping off Jonathan Jessi, Fioirna and me were looking for a place to eat. The choice felt pretty easy. Max Brenner, a chocolate place http://www.maxbrenner.com/. Jessi was visiting it once on a birthday party of her school friend and liked it.

We stopped by.

We ate.

We drunk.
Can you read this stunning signing?
Drink your coffee in a decent way. Don't forget you are an adult.
Then lick the chocolate leftovers to keep the child in you forever.
Is this not adorable?

We paid.
To make the math easy for you, they counted already ahead:
15%, 18%, 20% tip. So smart!

And we liked it.


Next eating station is Kiku in Alpine, just 10 minutes from us. It's a japanese restaurant, great place for family visits or friend companies.

The cooks make a nice stove show just in front of you. They throw vegetable slices and you try to catch them with your mouth, they make fire and a toy fireman deletes it, they are playing with the knifes etc. It is really fun and the kids love it!

And the food is also good.


Starbucks. "Everybody knows... " (Leonard Cohen, I can't help me:)) A place to get a coffee, to eat, to work, to charge your phone and to read...
Article about parents gifts for teachers.
It made me hard thinking, should I adjust, returning back
to Sowjet corruption practices? I reject it in a radical way,
no gifts for teachers at all
Our famous Angelique, a reliable partner for every occasion.


What a man! Look at his fashion shorts! In winter!
I like this kind of self-conviction and freedom.
Honestly I have to admit that in the last time Angelique is getting a competitor. Farmhouse in Cresskill became another good place to meet and hang out with the friends.


One of our favorite places in the City to stop by for a great panini and cup of cappuccino is Via Quadronno http://viaquadronno.com/.


And the last but not least are drinks and meals at home.

Daniel's pomegranate creation from a book, The 4 hour chef.
Serving in the crystal glasses, my birthday's gift.
I like how it looks! It also tastes great, when you are wondering 
During the holidays we got an unexpected visit from brother of my german israeli friend Shirley. Lior was on the way from Stuttgart to Dominican and had a short stop by in New York. And here we are.


So, I think at least now you are inclined to get something delicious and tasty, right? Of course, if you are not constrained by your diet new year resolutions:).

Bon appetite!


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий