вторник, 15 января 2013 г.

Thoughts about blogging

Well, evidently I have this predisposition to self-digging. So last days I was thinking hard (what a novum!, my husband will say). But I mean, really hard. Some of you who read my previous post, would probably notice it too. I read tons of advices and posts from all the big bloggers. This engenders much more doubts and thoughts, that pull me down. On the other hand there are really some (many!) good things I learn.

What did I learn?

As a blogger you have to find out your focus. It's a really hard stuff.

As I started to write here (back in October 2010), it was just for fun, to keep our friends in Germany on with our life in US, our adjustments and all the differences between the two countries. So obviously I started to write in German.

After a while I was thinking, how about all the friends in Ukraine and my mom, who don't speak German? (The matter, that my mom doesn't have either internet or computer at home, didn't really play a role in my considerations:). At the beginning I wanted to translate my posts, but you know...

And then, when you live in a country, you start to use their language too (really:)!) So one day (One day, baby, we'll be old, oh baby...) I just started to mix my posts: English, Russian and German.

I was not really thinking or calculating, if it's right or not. It is just how I'm feeling.

But all the good people on the web are saying, you have to have the rules. Otherwise it can inhibit your growth. And who wants this? Nobody.

So, I think, language is an important question. Even if my English is far away from ... jah, from let's say, Mark Twain's English, I still love the language and I definitely (yesterday we saw Rain Man with Dustin Hoffman. You remember? Definitely!:)) can improve myself. So I will stick with English.

But I can't and won't give up my German and Russian posts. Because it's also about me.

As I wrote my previous post, I noticed that two of my last posts in German were on 12th each month. And you know, I love the numbers. So, I will keep going. And 12th of each month can be a German day. Yeah!

And I will find two Russian days. Yeah!
How do you like this?
I think, it's great and beneficial for all of us. It gives me a structure and you know what you can expect from me. That's fair.

Yeah, everything fine and good, but back to focus. What could be the dumb focus? I thought and thought and thought. And I came to the conclusion, that people are my focus. Yeah, you hear right! People! Because it's what I like mostly, really and from the bottom of my heart. One day I want to start to write about interesting people (Well, Penelopa says, everybody is interesting, when you ask the right questions).

You know, America is a country of volunteers. So I hope to find some of them here. But of course also otherwise. The first one is a bravest one.

And probably I will put some categories for my posts.

So blogging turned out to be a good thing for me. Once I wanted to give up, I even did a break for some months, but I came back and still stick to it. It started for fun, it is still fun, but now I like it. Do you feel the difference? There are some topics I am really itchy to blog about, like sex or relationship, but my husband will kill me after that and my children will look at me like I'm an alien. I have to find out how to deal with this censore.

Anyway, I'm in a good mood and going to renew some things here. And you know, what? Did I tell you that? I love you! And so thankful, you read me. It means so much for me! And when you want to leave a comment here, you know, it's not a shame:).

Love you!

Sticker-inscription in my guest room

2 комментария:

  1. А коли буде український день?

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Дякую за питання. Треба поміркувати... Може, на день Незалежності?

    ОтветитьУдалить