воскресенье, 17 февраля 2013 г.

At Guggenheim Museum

Such a beautiful day! Today I went with my friends Katjas to Guggenheim Museum http://www.guggenheim.org.

Our last trip to the Metropolitan Museum http://tygs.blogspot.com/2012_09_01_archive.html was already months back, so it was absolutely essential to get some new museum's inspiration.

It was my first time here. I heard a lot about the museum, but somehow... And finally I made it!

Just from the beginning: I loved it!

The building itself is very impressive. It's not so big and built in shape of a spiral.

View from up
Currently they carry an exhibition of Gutai. Gutai (1954-1972) was Japan's most influential avant-garde group of artists. 59 artists were participating over the years in this collective, exploring new arts combinations. It's really interesting and not "too much" in compare to other museums. I think, even for kids it would be interesting: different kinds of art and the architecture of the museum (no steps, no elevators) make it to one kind of event.

I liked the Gutai card box.

For one dollar you purchase a token, put inside and become an original Gutai gift card. The trick is, that a person is sitting inside a box and she decides what card you'll get. It's a kind of human vending machine. I found it so cool!


Sure, there are some more things to see.
Lighting bulbs

"Floating" pictures

Even a sink turns out to be an art
By the way, Saturdays from 5:45 to 7:45 you can visit the museum and pay what you wish. Great, right?  Now I'm looking forward for the next free Saturday to make a family visit there.

At museum's shop I purchased a nice book from the illustrator Cristoph Niemann for my kids. New Yorker symbols made with Lego, a playful homage to New York City.


I like the idea of unusual view on usual things. That inspired J. and F. immediately to make the following art.
Joni
23 Ponys from Fiorina
To get an inspiration, to see other's people creativity and simply a joy for a soul and eyes,- that's why I like museums so much.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий