четверг, 21 февраля 2013 г.

Dianne Reeves at Carnegie Hall

Last Friday I was visiting a concert of Dianne Reeves and friends at Carnegie Hall.

Dianne Reeves is considered to be the preeminent jazz vocalist in the world today. As a result of her virtuosity she received 4 times Grammy award. Originally from Detroit she is touring now all over the world and was playing and recording with many major orchestras.

It's my third time I'm hearing to Dianne Reeves, my personal record. First time was at BlueNote Club with Igor and our friends from Boston. And I remember, I was so amazed and overwhelmed by the power of her voice, I couldn't even breath! I was just sitting and couldn't move, drink or talk. I was like electrified. Second time was with my oldest ones Daniel and Jessica at Jazz at Lincoln Center. I thought, they should hear to this beautiful voice. I had right, they loved it and also had goose pimples. And now - Carnegie Hall with my friend Katya.


By the way, it was my first time at Carnegie Hall! (No one single free place!!!)


I just love it! The beauty and the power of her voice is amazing!

This time  Dianne prepared something special. Some of her friends were also performing on stage. Esperanza Spalding, a young bassist-vocalist-composer, she was one of the biggest breakout stars of 2011 not only in jazz, but in all genres of music. She was honored already with two Grammys. She was invited by President Barack Obama to appear at both the White House and the Nobel Peace Prize. Esperanza is so young, fresh and brilliant!

Another special guest was Lalah Hathaway. What a voice! Unbelievable! Unforgettable! And how she sang "Love me today... Tomorrow may never come..." I love it! "Love me today!"

George Duke, a big number in a music world. Nadia Washington, another outstanding artist. Terri Lyne Carrington, Grammy Award-winning drummer and composer. Wow!

And of course, Dianne herself. Her extremely positive attitude and her view on life. Of course, her voice. I love also, that in her concerts she tells stories. Often she says about her mom. I remembered one advice Dianne's mom gave to her. "Stay ready, then you don't need to get ready." Great, right?

Already now I'm looking forward to hear amazing Dianne Reeves once again!

Here you can see a concert ending. Just a little bit of spirit.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий