четверг, 7 февраля 2013 г.

In face of coming storm. And I'm talking about shoes.

My hope was that we are really done for this fall-winter season with all the storms and hurricanes. But I was wrong. They predict a very bad blizzard for Friday-Saturday. When I went to the local Stop&Shop to get some supplies (a routine here before coming storms), I could barely find a parking spot, which is always an indicator for what's going on inside the store. Crowds of people, no water left, and some other stuff is out. I really hope that this time we will go through, we will not lose power and it will just be lots of snow and we can go sledding with the kids. We will see.

And now some good things.

On Wednesday with two of my friends we did a small shopping ride to Ridgewood. The girls introduced me to a store with the motto "why pay more, when you can pay less?". Its called Fox's and you can really save your money.

My first thought, as usual, was: "I don't need anything." It turned out in a purchase of three pairs of shoes.



The black one from Naya costs 29$ (I saw many New Yorker girls in a similar model). BCBG wedges cost 59$ (I find, they are so special) and the patriotic ones cost again 29$.

Take a closer look at this.


The model is called "Republican", on the side you can see an appeal "vote" and on the sole stays "Too much is not enough". They are so cute and funny, that I just couldn't resist.

I asked my son Jonathan about the shoes. About these wedges


he said: "It's such a nice pattern and I like also spirit and peace signs on them, which native Americans used." I didn't even know about this! One point more for Tenafly public schools:).

And about these ones

he mentioned, the pattern lines mean good and bad for him. I would prefer to interpret this like "in good as well in bad times".

I can't wait until I'll put them on, my patriotic, my peace and spirit and my in good as well in bad times shoes.

Take care!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий